Friday, June 22, 2007

Blood

She needs urgent blood transfusion, Rajat. But I think You will manage , with so many relatives gathered here to see her, just send them all to the blood bank for matching. Dr Mahajan announced in the waiting hall, coming out of the OR-2.

-Yes Doc Saab, mine is O negative but some of them must be A positive.

Doctor's word had a magical effect. Soon they all started to leave the hall.Every one had some urgent work.Seema's Uncle, My brother, our neighbour Joshi, her boss Mr Chaddha. I was standing alone thinking about how to arrange blood for my wife. A fresh donation from some close ones would have been better, but unwillingly I decided to buy from the private Blood bank outside the Hospital.

-It will be three thousand for three units, and please wait for half-n hour. said the receptionist, adjusting her glasses. I took a torn magazine and sat in the lobby.

-You are here again Raju! you sold one unit just last week.

-What to do, sister, my wife is admitted and I cant pay her bills

The receptionist looked at the beggarly youth and handed him a hundred rupee note

-here's for the today's blood, but don't come again in a month

No comments: